Henry Head (Endeavour) Lighthouse
James Cook’s Endeavour entered Botany Bay in 1770 and the crew made first contact with land in Australia. The Comte de Laperouse met the first fleet here in 1788.
The lighthouse was built in 1955 on the northern headland of the entrance to Botany Bay, east of Laperouse and next to the New South Wales Golf Club
Behind the lighthouse is the historic Henry Head Battery with its World War II bunker and supply buildings.
© All images are copyright of their respective photographers and are not to be used without permission.
This lighthouse was never manned.
|Location||Lat. 33°59'53.64"S Long. 151°14'17.44"E|
NB: Information is historical data and is not for navigational purposes.
The park is open all year round and there are no entry fees. There is no access to the lighthouse tower.
Images: Garry & William Searle