Lighthouses of Australia
In the latest issue of the Prism magazine:
Lighthouse Maintenance Man Mark Sheriff Awarded An OAM
Bathurst Point Lighthouse: The Light Ordered For Cape Leeuwin
Warden Head Upgrades Complete
LoA Annual General Meeting 2019 – Details And Program Options
Join Lighthouses of Australia and receive your copy!
Stay informed about the maritime heritage of the lighthouses of Australia and the people who served on them. Help spread the word further.
Be aware of current developments and issues relating to the protection of our lighthouses and their associated buildings.
Support or contribute to our collection of oral and written maritime history for inclusion in the Lighthouses of Australia Archive.
Website Updates and News
- June 20 2019 Update Cape Jaffa page
- April 4 2019 Added a video to the Pine Islet page
- February 27 2019 Updated Warden Head Lighthouse page with LED detail and new images
- December 18 Updated images for Barranjoey Head Lighthouse
- December 17 Updated images for Nelson Head Inner Lighthouse
- December 15 Updated Vaucluse Leading Lights, Grotto Point and Parriwi Lights
- November 2 Updated images and added a video on Norah Head Lighthouse
The old Point Perpendicular lighthouse alight for International Lighthouse and lightship weekend. After a good clean its 9 sided Chance Bros first order lens trows its looms over Jervis Bay and the Tasman sea. Lighthouses of Australia have operated Point...read more
Following the AGM, and the CLS re-union held in Brisbane. Several members visited the Caloundra lighthouses.read more
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) has transferred 12 coastal lightstation properties, many with heritage listed buildings, to the Tasmanian Government. The Lights include: Cape Bruny Eddystone Point Low Head Goose Island Cape Sorell Tasman Island Table...read more
After 124 years the South Channel Pile Light, on Port Phillip Bay is to be given a new lease of life. The light has been lighted off it's piles and taken by barge to Melbourne where it will be restored. Once restored it is to be re-established at at the...read more