Aims of LoA Inc
The aim is to create a higher profile for Australian lighthouses within Australia and overseas.
- Collect and archive oral and written history about the maritime heritage of the lighthouses of Australia including information in a variety of forms such as photos, memorabilia, plans, family anecdotes, letters and keeper details.
- Keep members and the general public informed about the maritime heritage of the lighthouses of Australia and aware of current developments and issues relating to the protection of that heritage.
- Support local action groups that provide opportunities for involvement in the protection of lighthouses and their associated buildings.
- Provide opportunities to bring together those who share a common interest in Australian lighthouses at a local, state and national level.
Functions of LoA Inc
- To use the Internet to provide photographic essays detailing a brief technical description of each lighthouse, its history, issues, location and surrounding areas.
- To create and distribute The Prism, a printed/electronic journal distributed to all financial members and a free email newsletter, the Bulletin, which is emailed to subscribers who have an interest in lighthouses and a wish to be informed.
- To raise funds to further support the aims of LoA Inc. to preserve, protect and promote our Australian lighthouse heritage for the future.
- To bring together all those who have an interest in the preservation of Australian lighthouses, into one effective organisation.