Stay informed about the maritime heritage of the lighthouses of Australia and the people who served on them. Help spread the word further.
Be aware of current developments and issues relating to the protection of our lighthouses and their associated buildings.
Support or contribute to our collection of oral and written maritime history for inclusion in the Lighthouses of Australia Archive.
Website Updates and News
- December 17 Updated images for Nelson Head Inner Lighthouse
- December 15 Updated Vaucluse Leading Lights, Grotto Point and Parriwi Lights
- November 2 Updated images and added a video on Norah Head Lighthouse
- October 21 Updated Warden Head Lighthouse page and added some images
- October 20 Updated Wardang Is page and added some images and technical details
- October 11 2018 Added new book, Maatsuyker through our eyes – Caretaking on Tasmania’s wild and remote Maatsuyker Island by Paul Richardson and Amanda Walker
Celebrating Lighthouse week 145 years since the construction of Lady Elliot Island's Heritage Listed Lighthouse.read more
The old Point Perpendicular lighthouse alight for International Lighthouse and lightship weekend. After a good clean its 9 sided Chance Bros first order lens trows its looms over Jervis Bay and the Tasman sea. Lighthouses of Australia have operated Point...read more
Following the AGM, and the CLS re-union held in Brisbane. Several members visited the Caloundra lighthouses.read more
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) has transferred 12 coastal lightstation properties, many with heritage listed buildings, to the Tasmanian Government. The Lights include: Cape Bruny Eddystone Point Low Head Goose Island Cape Sorell Tasman Island Table...read more
After 124 years the South Channel Pile Light, on Port Phillip Bay is to be given a new lease of life. The light has been lighted off it's piles and taken by barge to Melbourne where it will be restored. Once restored it is to be re-established at at the...read more