LoA Annual General Meeting
Due to covid this will now be held as a Zoom meeting on October 9 at 3pm AEST – Details on the Members Page or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lighthouses of Australia
In the latest issue of the Prism magazine:
Wilsons Promontory Lighthouse by Ian Clifford
A Typical Day In A Keepers Life by Ted Peers
The lighthouses of Orkney Pt 2 by Ken Ohlsson
My Favourite Lighthouse by Sandy McInerney
Join Lighthouses of Australia and receive your copy!
Stay informed about the maritime heritage of the lighthouses of Australia and the people who served on them. Help spread the word further.
Be aware of current developments and issues relating to the protection of our lighthouses and their associated buildings.
Support or contribute to our collection of oral and written maritime history for inclusion in the Lighthouses of Australia Archive.
Website Updates and News
- September 17 Cape Otway Possible Closure
- July 8 2020 Prism Uploaded
- April 1 2020 Prism Uploaded
- October 8 2019 Added an Image to the Bustard Head page
- October 8 2019 Added an Image to the Booby Island page
- June 20 2019 Update Cape Jaffa page
- April 4 2019 Added a video to the Pine Islet page
- February 27 2019 Updated Warden Head Lighthouse page with LED detail and new images
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) has transferred 12 coastal lightstation properties, many with heritage listed buildings, to the Tasmanian Government. The Lights include: Cape Bruny Eddystone Point Low Head Goose Island Cape Sorell Tasman Island Table...
After 124 years the South Channel Pile Light, on Port Phillip Bay is to be given a new lease of life. The light has been lighted off it's piles and taken by barge to Melbourne where it will be restored. Once restored it is to be re-established at at the...